Buscar este blog

lunes, 14 de junio de 2010

DELL HELL... To answer or not to answer....

The power of being right....
It is not only that Jeff was a big followed blogger, and it is not because all of the comments that he got, because if you think about it they where not one or two million comments, he had not more than 600 comments per posted blog, and if you take into consideration all the computers sold by Dell in any given year, it does not sound like much... But Jeff was right ...

Dell already knew......
My believe is that Jeff was not the only one, surely there where other blogs also complaining about dell service, and surely they had a lot of complaints in their customer service line. So my guess is that they already knew they had a problem and did not know how to respond.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF AN INDIVIDUAL....
As I already mention above there were many people complaining, and they never imagined that a blogger could cause so much damage. This was 2005 and people where not paying much atention to internet, Nobody thougth a bunch of "geeks" could be a threat...

To answer of not to answer....
I would answer, but I would not answer in Jeffs blog, I think it would just be unfair... It is so easy to judge from the past, but let´s be honest how could you know what specific blog will really hurt you.

If I know I have a problem, and I realize that I´m getting a lot of heat in different places ("Such as the geek bloggers") then would just come clean and answer honestly I would say something like "We know we are wrong, and we will fix it this this and that way and bla bla bla". Depending on the size of the problem and the level of heat I´m getting, I would go to mass media or responding according to this. If I´m getting a lot of heat from Internet I would publish a couple of articles or go to some of the most visited pages and deliver my message....

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Te gustó el Blog???